[PLUG] USB Camera Driver

drew wymore drew.wymore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:28:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, drew wymore wrote:
>
> > I'll be installing Slack 13 in the next couple of days and I'll plug in
> my
> > camera and see what happens with Ekiga and hopefully I can point you in
> > the right direction. I'll try it on this Fedora install as well and see
> > what happens.
>
> Drew,
>
>   Thank you. Because I know nothing about video on linux I have no ideas
> were to start looking for the source of the errors.
>
>   The Ekiga error is the driver not recognizing colors that Ekiga does, and
> the CamStream error is the inability get VIDEOSYNC(1) working.
>
> Rich
>
> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |  Integrity            Credibility
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |            Innovation
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax:
> 503-667-8863

Rich,
I can confirm it's not working with a stock Fedora 11 install either. No
video output at all. I think I mentioned awhile back that the qc-usb module
is needed which I just tried and it puked because it doesn't like the
currently installed kernel. I'll be installing Slack this weekend so I'll
let you know if I have any more success with it.

Drew-