[PLUG] USB Camera Driver

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 3 14:56:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, drew wymore wrote:

> I can confirm it's not working with a stock Fedora 11 install either. No
> video output at all. I think I mentioned awhile back that the qc-usb module
> is needed which I just tried and it puked because it doesn't like the
> currently installed kernel. I'll be installing Slack this weekend so I'll
> let you know if I have any more success with it.

Drew,

   Just did another Google search and found the Logitech linux team web site.
According to them, the QC Communicate STX uses the spca drivers. These
include gspcav1 for v4l1 and gspcav2 for v4l2 for kernels >= 2.6.11. How do
I determine which version of video4linux (v4l) I have here?

   Loaded drivers currently include:

gspca_zc3xx            50688  0
gspca_main             23808  1 gspca_zc3xx
videodev               36736  2 uvcvideo,gspca_main
v4l1_compat            17924  2 uvcvideo,videodev

   Does any of this help you or me?