[PLUG] Printing From Firefox

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Thu Sep 3 17:45:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 09:05, Rich Shepard<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> This is apparently a new issue with firefox-3.0.13 here. While I don't
> often print web pages directly to the printer, I wanted to do just that but
> I cannot.
>
>   When I invoke the print dialog box (menu, clickable link, ctrl-p) the
> Print button is greyed out if a physical printer is selected so my only
> option is to print to file.
>
>   I find nothing about printing in the Edit->Preferences tabs. The printers
> are properly recognized, but I cannot define options for them nor print to
> them.
>
>   Any ideas where I should look for a fix?

It might not be a FF problem because I can print to a physical printer
with FF3.0.13.  I have two printers defined, my Epson and the cups PDF
driver, and the print button is enabled for both.

I find myself using the PDF driver more often because I really do
believe in the paperless office concept.

I'm using cups version 1.3.9-17ubuntu3.2 on a 32-bit Jaunty system,
and Synaptic reports FF as version 3.0.13+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1,
if that matters.

Larry