[PLUG] USB Camera Driver

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Thu Sep 3 21:49:50 UTC 2009

Rich,

>    From the SPCA web site for this camera:
>
> Logitech 150 0x046d 0x08ad Communicate STX stream: jpeg drivers: spca5xx/LE gspca v4l1/v4l2
> quality: ****
>
>    Ergo, it appears that I have the proper driver (gspca) loaded (see
> no?

The v4l1 compatibility thing probably means you have V4L2 set up on
your system, which I think is a good thing.

In my 2.6.30 kernel sources, searching around in 'make menuconfig'
brings me to the menu under the path:

     -> Device Drivers
         -> Multimedia devices
           -> Video capture adapters (VIDEO_CAPTURE_DRIVERS [=y])
             -> V4L USB devices (V4L_USB_DRIVERS [=y])
               -> GSPCA based webcams (USB_GSPCA [=m])

And here I'm presented with a list of GSPCA modules:

                   --- GSPCA based webcams
                   < >   ALi USB m5602 Camera Driver
                   < >   STV06XX USB Camera Driver
                   < >   Conexant Camera Driver
                   < >   Etoms USB Camera Driver
                   < >   Fujifilm FinePix USB V4L2 driver
                   < >   Mars USB Camera Driver
                   < >   Mars-Semi MR97310A USB Camera Driver
                   < >   OV519 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   OV534 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   Pixart PAC207 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   Pixart PAC7311 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SONIX Bayer USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SONIX JPEG USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SPCA500 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SPCA501 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SPCA505 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SPCA506 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SPCA508 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SPCA561 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SQ Technologies SQ905 based USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SQ Technologies SQ905C based USB Camera Driver
                   < >   Syntek DV4000 (STK014) USB Camera Driver
                   < >   SUNPLUS USB Camera Driver
                   < >   T613 (JPEG Compliance) USB Camera Driver
                   < >   TV8532 USB Camera Driver
                   < >   VC032X USB Camera Driver
                   < >   ZC3XX USB Camera Driver

In your previous email, it seemed lik you might have the main GSPCA
module and the ZC3XX module loaded, but not one of the SPCA5XX modules
loaded.  The line you included above seems to imply that would be
required.  If you don't have that module compiled with your kernel,
you may need to recompile.  I would suggest just compiling all of the
items in the above list as modules and hopefully kernel auto-detection
will get it straight.

Good luck,
tim