[PLUG] More OO.o Writer Faults

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Fri Sep 4 04:55:27 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Fred James wrote:
>

>> I am not into blaming, so I shall stay out of that, but I should like to
>> add my vote to that of Matt McKenzie, as my experience would seem to
>> collaborate his - and I run Linux only - no dual boot or VM.
>>

>    Yeah. That's all I've used the past dozen years.
>

>> To avoid MSW making hash of an OO.o file, or the other way around, I often
>> passed it on as a PDF - possibly not a productive suggestion in your case?
>> However, my daughter (and MS user, and college professor of Math) uses
>> LaTex/Tex, and I have found LyX is available on a number of platforms
>> including MS - possibly also not a productive suggestion in your case, as
>> it might imply a learning curve for your reviewer(s).  Sigh.
>>

>    No one seems to notice what I wrote. When I need to collaborate on a
> document, that is, write a draft and have others make comments on it I need
> to use OO.o. If you look in the archives of this mail list you will see many
> of my posts noting that almost all of my writing is with LaTeX/LyX. The
> folks in the business world stick with Microsoft -- and all the default
> settings on every application -- and have no interest in using anything
> different.
>
> Rich
Rich Shepard
Sorry - I guess my thoughts got lost in my wordiness - but I (and
others) did suggest that the simplest answer would be to just keep it in
MSW format from beginning to end - at least until you don't need your
reviewer(s) any longer.

Since you are already using LyX - once the reviewing stage is over you
could save as text and go at it from there.

Or have I missed something again - like you want them to review the
formatting as well?  Sorry to have been such a bother, and probably no
help at all
Regards
Fred James