[PLUG] Motherboards

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:07:20 UTC 2009

# from Keith Lofstrom
# on Friday 11 September 2009 10:43:

>I'm looking
>for decent speed ( > Atom, but by not much ), low electrical power,

The dual-core atom 330 at 1.6GHz seems to do pretty well for tina so far
(openoffice, firefox, gimp.)  The intel graphics performance is
dissappointing with dual-head though.

It does appear to wedge itself under heavy load -- that is either
overheating (it's a fanless CPU but has a fan on the GPU -- not much
room for fans in this shuttle case) or maybe it is something to do with
the OCZ SSD getting ahead of everything.  Not sure if this graphics
chip would work on the old kernel/X, but you probably want to put a big
slow fan on it somewhere because I don't think the fanless thing is
working here.

An asus board with onboard nvidia and one of the 45W AMD's (did they
quit making these?) would probably be my next option.

> work with the 2.6.18 kernel

That might be a trick.

--Eric
--
Minimum wage help gives you minimum service.
--David Schomer