[PLUG] more lies about Linux

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 21:03:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM, m0gely <m0gely at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Citek wrote:
>
>> While individual we may not be able to do this, but we could
>> collectively.  Every time we get a new piece of hardware, we create a
>> YouTube video of how we got it working and what we can do with it.  In
>> short, flood YouTube with Linux HowTos.
>
> meh @ howto's. It would just need to work.

100% agree.  I was thinking more along the lines of the old iMac commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHzM4avGrKI

The videos should highlight the features of Linux that do indeed "just work."

MS has been kind enough to highlight what it thinks are Linux's
weaknesses.  A few nice video showing otherwise would be nice.

I'm not so interested in pointing out MS's weaknesses.  That's not my
passion.  Making Linux better is.

Regards,
- Robert