[PLUG] QScintilla

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 19 20:04:04 UTC 2009

   Has anyone here successfully built and installed QScintilla? It's a port
of the Python scintilla editor to Qt, and apparently needed to build a
SQLite management tool called sqliteman. I can't figure out the pwd to get
the silly thing to build.

   The source is in /opt/src/QScintilla-gpl-2.4/ and the qscintilla.pro file
in in the Qt4/ subdirectory under that. The instructions are to

cd Qt4
gmake qscintilla.pro

   Here, the latest (-4.5.2) Qt is in /usr/lib/qt4. If I change to that
directory it cannot find qscintilla.pro even with the full path specified.
If I change to the directory with the .pro file, it tells me there's nothing
to be done with gmake. Checkmate.