[PLUG] online CS degree programs

Michael Ewan mhewan1 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 20 05:21:43 UTC 2009

Josh Cady wrote:
> I second that question.  I need to finish my master's in CS.  I get
> moved around a lot so finishing at PSU isn't an option.
>
> On Sep 19, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
>

>> I would like to get that pesky CS degree.  Being the 21st Century,
>> there are accredited universities with online programs.  Can anyone
>> recommend a good one from personal experience?
>>
>> Carlos

Oregon Institute of Technology has a good BSCS or BSIT program that is
mostly online.  I'm enrolled in the BSIT program since I'm doing mostly
business and database apps now.  The information is at
http://www.oit.edu/portland/it and http://www.oit.edu/portland/set.  My
criteria were that the program had to be online, and had to be
accredited so I could get tuition reimbursement.
I also found one at the University of Illinois, I don't recall the exact
details but that it was hard to get into.  University of Phoenix and
DeVry both have programs (DeVry is even accredited) but I think a degree
from a real college will carry more weight.