[PLUG] Another -- Different -- OpenOffice.org Question -- RESOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 28 18:05:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Last evening we tried to update OO.o-2.4 to the most recent version
> available for Xubuntu. The process wouldn't let us start.

   The laptop was shut down overnight. I just brought it into my office and
started it. Opening Synaptic I selected the upgradable packages, then told
it to go ahead and upgrade them. No problem with locked files or
directories.

   It's slowly getting the upgraded packages, and I'm sure it will offer to
upgrade the whole distribution when it's finished with the packages. I'll
let it do that, too. Then I'll see what OO.o version is on the system.

   Why it did not want to cooperate last evening will probably forever remain
a mystery. Regardless, it's chomping away at the bits as I write so we're OK
on the issue.

   Thanks, all, for your comments.