[PLUG] Bringing up network on xubuntu

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 29 14:47:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Carl Karsten wrote:

> What wifi card/chip set?  lspci should tell you.

   lspci doesn't say, probably because the interface cannot be found.

   The card is a Lucent WaveAccess Gold, and it's worked on this host with
previous versions of xubuntu and slackware.

> dmesg - look for network related lines, post them.

   /etc/init.d/networking start cannot find any interfaces.

   All I see in dmesg is that pccard recognizes a PCMCIA card in slot 0.