[PLUG] Bringing up network on xubuntu -- FIXED

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Tue Sep 29 16:30:51 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:
>

>>   The upgrade from 8.04 to 8.10 on the laptop broke the networking
>> capability. The laptop connects to the LAN via a wireless card and I cannot
>> get it recognized and the network started.
>>

>    As noted later in this thread, I got the networking going on the ethernet
> cable. Now to upgrade the distribution and see if that fixes the wireless
> issue.
>
>    Again, thanks to everyone.
>
> Rich

Let us know!

I was going to suggest getting out the chainsaw, i.e. burning a new
install disk on another machine, backing up all your data, and starting
out fresh.  It seems that every second or third time I upgrade Ubuntu it
torks something and I need to do just that.  On the one hand it's a
royal pain, but on the other it's like moving into a new house with no
dust in the corners.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services