[PLUG] Bringing up network on xubuntu

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Sep 30 01:24:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>    I'll also have to resubscribe to the xubuntu mail list because now when
> the laptop shuts down it doesn't also automatically power off.

Ubuntu is famous for not shutting down completely. The forums are
replete with user complaints. I have been reading posts about it in the
forums since Breezy Badger. Lots of fixes, sometimes they work,
sometimes not. And Jaunty is one of the worst.

Re the wireless card, search the forums on the card and you may find
the answer. The forums are one of the reasons I stick with Ubuntu.

Of course, you need to be online to get to the forums. :(