[PLUG] Bringing up network on xubuntu

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 30 02:43:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Ubuntu is famous for not shutting down completely.

   We missed the fun, then. Ever since it was put on the ThinkPad, then
transferred to the Tecra it's powered off when shut down. This is a new
experience for us.

> Re the wireless card, search the forums on the card and you may find the
> answer. The forums are one of the reasons I stick with Ubuntu.

   I'll ask on mail list. I prefer mail lists that push information to me
over fora where I have to actively go there and pull down the information.

> Of course, you need to be online to get to the forums. :(

   Which I am. :-) The Tecra is sleeping now.