[PLUG] fonts on browser

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Apr 3 01:48:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 15:40:15 -0700
Andrew Denton <andrew at flying-snail.net> dijo:

>Also keep in mind that openoffice doesn't support opentype (.otf)
>fonts yet. As I recall there's some magic you can do with fontforge to
>convert them to truetype (.ttf) format.

OOo has always supported OTF on Windows and Mac versions. It's just
Linux OOo that has been stuck in the previous millennium on OTF. And
I'm sure I read somewhere that OOo 3.2 on Linux can finally use OTF. I
can't verify that because I am still using 3.1.1 on Fedora 11,
installed from OOo, not the repos. I need to upgrade, but I've been too
busy.