[PLUG] Trying to nfsroot boot...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Apr 9 10:38:21 UTC 2010

How do I troubleshoot error initializing inotify and used greatest stack
depth boot time messages?  I've modified a boot time mount script that
initializes mtab to nfs mount /usr and /home and I've figured out that
I have to copy libwrap from /usr/lib down to /lib for portmap.
Is there a way to put libwrap on the root filesystem in a place other
than /lib considering that I will want to use the /usr/lib copy once
/usr is mounted?

I am taking a copy of my Linux from scratch system and modifying the
init scripts and fstab for nfsroot.  So far I get to udev-retry
and hang.

I wish people who build LFS systems by the book could get boot scripts
that are smart enough to detect NFS root booting and adjust accordingly.

I can't seem to find a good guide or HOWTO on how to write boot scripts
for NFS root style systems.