[PLUG] SpamAssassin

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Wed Apr 14 04:30:59 UTC 2010

Scott Howard wrote:
> Does anyone have experience setting this program up as a separate server.  Do I need two cards - an in and an out.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi Scott,

Sure, SA may be set up on a separate server without too much
trouble--you might even consider a "jailed" environment in BSD, a fully
virtualized server with Xen, or perhaps a "chrooted" environment.

If by "cards" you are referring to ethernet devices, you needn't have
two, you may simply create an alias to an existing network device:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-creating-or-adding-new-network-alias-to-a-network-card-nic/

Very Best,

-Cooper
--