[PLUG] Dumb script question

Daniel Johnson teknotus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 04:30:54 UTC 2010

> And, after thinking about it, the cron approach sounds simpler. I could
> set it to run just once a month, which would be sufficient to keep the
> clock reasonably current.
>
> Off to figure out cron.

The big trick with cron is that it doesn't have a normal env so you
tend to have to use full paths to everything, or manually set the
environment prior to running the command.  It's also tricky debugging
because you don't get to tell it to run now.  You usually have to set
the frequency of how often it runs really low until you figure it out.

--
teknotus
Take Notice