[PLUG] Unable to unlock root utilities on Intrepid (Solved)

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 17:20:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:13, Robert Citek <robert.citek at gmail.com> wrote:

>> if you notice a random program crashing, you've won.
>
> The goal was not to crash a random program.

and the goal of my statement was not to say you succeeded, but that
you were lucky to discover what you screwed up rather than having it
be something subtle that takes you forever to track down.

> The goal was to create an
> "... [issue] at boot [so that] the system is in run level one
> prompting for a root password to do (for example) file system
> maintenance" in Ubuntu.
>
> If someone knows how to create such an issue, I'm curious to hear about it.

did you read the rest of my message?  i explicitly told you how to do
it SAFELY in the part immediately following the part you replied to.