[PLUG] 'buntus

Bruce kd7vvk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:21:00 UTC 2010

Thank you very much for the responses so far.  I am not really
interested in a "Windows" experience.  I am more familiar with KDE than
Gnome, only because that is what I was introduced to in the beginning.
I am not opposed to one or the other.  When I installed both in the
Alpha stages, I wanted KDE to work better.

It doesn't on my Lenovo Idea Pad.  The one glaring difference...Ubuntu
sounds better listening to smooth jazz than KDE.  But then, Vista drives
the subwoofer on this laptop and, so far, Linux doesn't.  I think it
possible, and realize I just haven't found the fix yet.

Thanks all for the suggestions for a different distribution.  I will try
as many as I can as soon as I clear the test box and install my choice
around April, 29th on the must work computer.

Keep your comments coming, please.  I am enjoying this conversation.

Bruce