[PLUG] 'Ubuntu Help: Seamonkey Won't Load

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Tue Apr 27 18:55:32 UTC 2010

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, drew wymore wrote:
>

>> Can you try running the application as root or another user and see if it
>> starts correctly? I am wondering if it has to do with her prefs file being
>> mucked up.
>>

> Drew,
>
>    Will do later this afternoon. She has messed up the system by filling her
> ~/ with copied music cd-roms. I've no idea what she did when trying to make
> room on the partition.
>
>    Strangely enough, when I tried to upgrade the system (last done 83 days
> ago so I suspect the 'your system is up to date' is incorrect), it kept
> failing to download links to archives and files.
>
>    Not sure how I get everthing back to working again, but I'm open to all
> advice and suggestions.

Install Ubuntu on an empty disk, then copy over the old 'home' directory?

It may serve as either a diagnostic or a fix.

(I rarely stay happy with Ubuntu after more than one or two upgrades; I
often take an upgrade as an opportunity to clean house on the hard drive
in just this way).

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services