[PLUG] Fedora 12 and vmware mess...

Vincent L. Damewood vincent.leo.damewood at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 04:06:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Michael C. Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> I have been a registered user of vmware workstation, I am not impressed
> that Fedora 12 support is poor.  If the free products don't work, I am
> not even going to consider buying workstation.  Fedora is a very popular
> main line distribution of Linux, albeit it may be a little too bleeding
> edge.  CentOS is too much of a dinosaur for anything other than a
> server.  If only there was a project to continue improving the version
> of Fedora behind the current version so that there is a middle of the
> road option.

Workstation 7.0 on Fedora 12 works perfectly for me without any sort
of modification or patching. The included Player 3.0 still suffers
from glitch, though. I've found that Workstation works well with
Fedora as long as the Workstation release date is after the Fedora
release date.

--
Vincent L. Damewood
+1.503.926.4563