[PLUG] Eee PC 900 shutdown problem...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Aug 6 07:44:36 UTC 2010

The problem is, Xandros when the power adapter is connected simply won't
shut down.  This problem started when the battery ran completely out of
power.  If I disconnect the power brick, I can shut down and the computer
won't automatically restart 3 seconds later.  I've tried installing Slackware
13, the problem didn't go away.  I'm tempted to try Ubuntu 10.04
hearing that there might be a fix for this, but not knowing exactly
why this is happening
the chances of fixing it are slim to none.

I've tried adding modprobe -r snd-intel-hda to the halt script, but that
doesn't fix the problem.

This must be a hardware problem, how could a software bug manifest
itself magically two years after the computer was purchased and came
off of
warranty?