[PLUG] SpamCannibal trouble...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Aug 15 05:04:26 UTC 2010

Can't call method "closedb" on an undefined value at ./sc_initdb.pl line 66.

I'm running perl 5.8.5 on CentOS 4.x and there are evidently no direct
upgrades.
I've set up CPAN, but I don't know how to upgrade perl using it.  I've
tried compiling perl 5.8.6 from source, but there are so many
confusing questions that I gave up.

I had other problems before I realized that important libraries were
installed to /usr/local/lib and updated the linker cache.  The
instructions don't cover the Perl code for SpamCannibal failing the
tests.  Somewhere online I found a suggestion to ignore that.