[PLUG] Strange wireless trouble...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Aug 21 04:11:41 UTC 2010

I'm running Slackware 13.0, fresh install.

My wireless card is an Alvarion PC DS11.b connected to the computer
via a PLX adapter ( a pcmcia adapter ).  I notice at boot a search for
agere something firmware.  I'm also noticing if I don't continuously
broadcast ping that I lose connectivity.  The original wireless card
is an SMC variety and it's junk as far as I can tell.

The signal strength seems to vary a lot along with the speed.  With
dhclient I am getting a network is down cannot receive packet error.
Sometimes after that though, I do have connectivity.

      Michael C. Robinson