[PLUG] VLC experts?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 03:40:06 UTC 2010

I am trying to watch an old Korean movie. I do not speak Korean. The
movie is not available anywhere, and is probably out of copyright. I
found and downloaded a copy, but it is in two CD files of 700 MB each.
The person who created the files did not include a file for subtitles.

Separately I found two versions of subtitles for the movie. In VLC
they work great with the first CD file, but when I try to continue with
the second CD file the subtitles start over from the beginning. VLC
extended controls offer an offset, but only up to 60 seconds.

I've poked around for the past half hour, but haven't hit on a
solution. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get VLC to play
both CD files in sequence automatically using the same subtitles file?