[PLUG] Firefox Question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 2 01:51:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:

> I know some of the things in this article have already been suggested, but
> did you try 'em all?
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Emacs_Keybindings_(Firefox)

Chris,

   I looked at that but don't see a need for most of them. What I
particularly like about the emacs key bindings is that they're so similar to
the WordStar key bindings I started using in the very early 1980s. Others
may perfer different strokes, but I like being able to configure all my
writing applications to use the same set of key strokes. (Dif'rent strokes
for dif'rent folks, eh?)

   This really gets my undies in a knot when I must use OO.o Writer. My
fingers are so used to moving the cursor using the keyboard in emacs, lyx,
joe, etc. that I'm constantly doing things I don't want to do. For example,
centering the line by pressing ^x instead of moving one word to the right.
This is one of the reasons I avoid OO.o as much as I can.

Thanks again,