[PLUG] Linux and 3G/4G support

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Dec 3 02:29:22 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark S Townsley <mstownsley at gmail.com> writes:

Mark> Hi I am looking into 3G or 4G support in Linux.  There are some
Mark> netbooks with 3G/4G built in.  There are also USB dongle
Mark> solution.  What I am unsure is whether any of them are
Mark> compatible with a Linux distro.  Does anyone have experience to
Mark> share?

When I was in Vienna last summer, the people I was staying with let me
use their GSM dongle.  The carrier was called "Orange".  I just
plugged it in, NetworkManager noticed it, asked me a few questions,
and *bang* I had tubes.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net