[PLUG] can't login to my ar410w router

Victor Soich vsoich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:14:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

 I type 192.168.1.1 in Firefox 3.6.13 to try to get to the
configuration screen for my wireless router Airlink Model # ar410w.  A
dialog box comes up asking me for a user name and password.  According
to the the manual for the ar410w, I type admin for the user name, and
admin for the password.  I did this and I get 401 Unauthorized.

I have ubuntu 10.04 on my machine.  Whenever I need to do some sort of
admin stuff, especially from the command line, I have to do sudo.  I'm
wondering if I have to do something "extra" to get to be able to
configure my wireless modem, beyond simply typing admin for the user
name and password.

Also, there is a reset button on the wireless router.  I used a
pencil, and with the power on, on the tiny modem button, and held the
pencil there for 20-30 seconds.  I was hoping that it would set the
router to factory defauts, and thus be able to use admin as the
password.

I don't know what to do now.  I don't know if it's a linux thing, or a
router thing, but I figure someone on this list would know.  Please
note that I am able to surf the web, and post this email to the list,
using the very same router that I'm trying to configure.

Thank you for your consideration,

Sincerely,
Victor Soich