[PLUG] can't login to my ar410w router

Victor Soich vsoich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 07:26:27 UTC 2010

Well.....F**K ME!  After reading the below message from Terrence
Hulse, I tried yet again, and again, and again, to reset my router to
factory settings.  I don't know what I finally did, but eventually
something worked, and I was able to log in as admin, and use admin as
the password!!!  Obviously, I'm left handed, and what I'm dealing with
is a router designed for right handed people!  Man.....I hate
computers.

So.....now I'm actually able to configure the router.  I don't know
what the prudent thing to do is.  So far, I've changed the admin
password, and I've changed the name of the ESSID, and I have it on
channel 6, whatever that means.  Am I suppose to enable WEP, or some
other thingy.  What am I suppose to do, stuff that I haven't thought
of.  At the end of this process, I want my computer to communicate
wireless with the router, without an Ethernet connection.  That's
where I'm headed, but for right now, I just need to know what things I
should set in my router, before I even try to make my computer
communicate wirelessly with the router.

Still, thank you all for helping me through this angst inducing
procedure.  These little things can really trip one up.  So, please
tell me what are the best practices for configuring the router.  I
eventually want my computer to communicate with the router wirelessly.
 I want my brother to access the internet with his laptop wirelessly
when he comes to visit.  I don't want anyone to willy-nilly access my
wireless network.  I want to set up my printer to be used wirelessly,
i.e. it is wireless g enabled.  And I want this all to be
secure....whatever that means.  So....what are the prudent things for
me to do now....enable wep for example?

This whole thing has been nerve wracking!  I earnestly thank you all
for your support, and especially, your patience.

Sincerely,
Victor Soich