[PLUG] Laptop issues

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Dec 16 08:09:23 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Barnett <jason.barnett71 at gmail.com> writes:

Jason> Did you happen to copy down the model number of the CD drive
Jason> while you had it out?  Might help to figure out what kind of
Jason> drivers it may need.  Also, I stumbled across the service
Jason> manual for this series of notebooks, here
Jason> <http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00246219.pdf> is the
Jason> link in case you are interested.

It isn't a driver issue.  There are no drivers involved (beyond BIOS)
when booting from CDROM.  As Denis mentioned, it was having some
trouble with the CDROM when I installed Ubuntu on it the day before I
delivered it to him, but I ultimately succeeded.  I am assuming there
is a hardware problem with the drive.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net