[PLUG] Laptop issues

Jason Barnett jason.barnett71 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 01:19:29 UTC 2010

I seem to recall in the old dark Windows days, of copying of the files from
the Win98 CD to a folder on a freshly formatted disk.  I would then use a
boot floppy to get access to the drive and start the install from within
that folder.  This may work better because the install configuration is
customized to the machine it is run on, so if you install on one machine
then move the drive to another, it is likely to fail.  This way, you would
also have the files needed to do a clean install should you need to do it
(just don't delete the folder with the files from the CD)

Jason