[PLUG] Cannot Install Perl Module

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Sun Dec 19 23:19:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, David Fleck wrote:
>> Are there, in fact, any permissions oddities regarding libpq.so.5?
>
> David,
>
>   Nope. /usr/lib/libpq.so.5 and /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.5 are both
> soft links to /usr/local/pgsql/libpq.so.5.3. All are owned by root.root, the
> links have 777 perms and the actual shared library has 755 perms.

Ok, I'm out of ideas then.

I do notice this bit in the README for the most recent version:

DBD::Pg needs to know where to find the libpq libraries: this is usually done
by checking the output of the pg_config executable. If pg_config is not available,
then you may need to install the development package for PostgreSQL. To do this
on Debian and Ubuntu, use: apt-get install postgresql-dev; on RedHat and CentOS,
use: yum install postgresql-devel. Note that the development libraries are needed
even if you already have PostgreSQL up and running.

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS:

Please send any problems and comments to

<dbd-pg at perl.org>

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com