[PLUG] Cannot Install Perl Module

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Dec 19 23:34:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, David Fleck wrote:

> DBD::Pg needs to know where to find the libpq libraries: this is usually done
> by checking the output of the pg_config executable.

   /bin/pg_config

> If pg_config is not available, then you may need to install the
> development package for PostgreSQL. To do this on Debian and Ubuntu, use:
> apt-get install postgresql-dev; on RedHat and CentOS, use: yum install
> postgresql-devel. Note that the development libraries are needed even if
> you already have PostgreSQL up and running.

   There are no separate 'dev' packages for Slackware; the SlackBuild scripts
build everything. In this case, for reasons not yet known, the SlackBuild
script for postgresql-9.0 did not want to run here with -9.0.1 on the latest
Slackware-13.1. So-o-o, I just built from source.

Thanks, David,