[PLUG] Somewhat local UPS refurb vendor?

RParr RParr at TemporalArts.com
Wed Dec 22 18:29:29 UTC 2010

I have an APC SM3000RM3U rackmount UPS that needs new batteries and
refurbishment or recalibrate/repair.

In the past I have sent such units to Coastal Business Machines for flat
rate refurbishment but they no longer offer that service.

I found a bunch that will sell me a new or refurbished UPS but only a
couple that will refurbish mine.

The couple I found so far that will refurbish/repair are on the east
coast and shipping is $100 each way (almost as much as the refurbish).

Can anyone recommend a local or somewhat local (ie west coast) vendor
that can refurbish or refresh/recalibrate an APC UPS?

Thanks
R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts
Portland, OR