[PLUG] eee pc 900 original disks?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Sat Dec 25 07:02:47 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

On my EEE 701 with a 4Gig SSD, I avoided the problem of exceeding the
write exhaustion by installing on an SDHC card instead.  If that
eventually fails from too many writes, i can buy another one.

My EEE 1005 has a spinning hard disk so the problem is absent.  I also
have an Intel Classmate, but its SSD is only 2Gig, you-dumb-too needs
4gig, and I am had trouble finding a compatibly connectable larger
version.  I'll probably eventually go the SDHC route with it as well
(it's otherwise comparable spec-wise to the EEE 701).

OpenWrt is quite good about avoiding writes to media.  OpenWrt has X,
might be fun to try to install on the Classmate, but I am not
suggesting that Denis do that, as the user experience would be quite
different.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net