[PLUG] Need mdadm help

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 28 02:31:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 23:01:28 -0800
drew wymore <drew.wymore at gmail.com> dijo:

>mdadm --query should be able to get you the array name at least if my
>interpretation of the man page is correct. In terms of which device
>has the correct boot information it might be a matter of trail and
>error, if you unplug sdb and works then you know that logically it
>should be sda that has the correct boot information.

Well, mdadm --query fails because I didn't specify a device. Of
course, that is the whole problem.

What I really need is a command to sync the two drives so they are
equal. I can't figure that out from the man page either. But if I can
figure out how to do it, then I can later just remove one drive (e.g.,
all the B drives) of each of the four partitions. Then I should be able
to use gparted to grow the 45 GB "A" boot and / drive by adding the
other A drives to it.

I got the video on Karmic fixed (had two nVidia drivers installed that
were competing with each other), so fixing and undoing the RAID is my
current plan.