[PLUG] Strange feature wanted...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Dec 28 04:22:05 UTC 2010

Standard on Linux is that root can read any file on the local file
system.  Unfortunately, to get OpenDNS to update via ddclient, you
have to know the username and password of the account that needs
updating.  Is it possible to connect a password to ddclient.conf
or better yet require entry of the password in the file before it
can be opened?  Basically, what I am interested in is password
protecting a single file and requiring that even the super user
enter that password to access it, unless the super user wants to
delete it.  This way, in a sense, there can be more than one superuser
and it becomes possible to delegate maintenance of OpenDNS for example
to someone else.

Frankly, I think it is stupid that you can't ask the OpenDNS servers
to update an account without logging in to that account, hint hint.
OpenDNS should be asking for the host name assigned to ones dynamic ip
address instead of the current ip anyways.