[PLUG] Installing DWA 160 wireless adapter (was Cisco Valet)

Mark Jones mark.sinanju at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 10:53:56 UTC 2010

> From: Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 08:12:16PM -0800, Mark Jones wrote:
>> From: jen montserrat <jen.montserrat at gmail.com>
>> > What are the results from 'lsusb' and 'iwconfig', assuming these command
>> > utilities are available in Suse.
>>
>> Result of lsusb:
>> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 07d1:3a09 D-Link System
>
> Cool.  That tells us it's a version A2 stick, which is different.
> (Nice of them to keep the same model number!)
>
> It may work if you install the compat-wireless package.
> You might also want to check around the results from:
> http://google.com/search?q=07d1:3a09+suse

I installed the compat-wireless package, but the output from lsusb and
iwconfig haven't changed.

> BTW, what are you using for an email client?  Does it have a "Reply" function?

I'm using Gmail, but my subscription to the PLUG list was set to
"digest" as I wasn't sure how much traffic it would be getting. I've
reset it to send me individual messages now, though, so my replies
should thread properly going forward.