[PLUG] Strange Build Error Needs Other Eyes

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Thu Dec 30 17:49:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 09:24, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> checking whether to use SQLite... yes
> checking for location of SQLite includes... /usr/include/
> checking for sqlite3.h... yes
>
>   It finds the header, but not the libraries. Also, the complier option it
> is trying to apply is '-lsqlite3'.

You're not running a x86_64 build and referencing the 32-bit lib by any chance?

Other things to try for sanity checking purposes...

Verify the symlink isn't broken:
$ readlink -e /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so || echo "broken."

That you can read the lib as the user you're compiling/linking with:
$ [[ -r /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so ]] && echo "can read as user."

Check if the sqlite3_open symbol actually exists in the libsqlite3.so file:
$ nm -D /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so | grep sqlite3_open

If nothing above is fruitful then I'm out of ideas for the moment.

Cheers,

Daniel Hedlund
daniel at digitree.org