[PLUG] Strange Build Error Needs Other Eyes

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 30 23:06:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Except that wxWidgets is for C++ and wxPython is the same widget set for
> python. Since GRASS uses python now rather than shell scripts, I think I
> need to disable use of wxWidgets in preference to wxPython and wxGTK, both
> of which are installed here.

   Actually, wxWidgets is cross-platform and is represented here by wxGTK.
The issue was that I had not rebuilt wxGTK and wxPython since upgrading the
distribution to Slackware-13.1 with Python-2.6.x. So, I just built both and
upgraded the installed packages and GRASS compiles.

   Thanks Daniel and Chris.

Happy New Year all,