[PLUG] Back in Time

Jason Barnett jason.barnett71 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:39:45 UTC 2010

I have used Back-in-time and it is designed to be like Apple's Time
Machine.  Once it takes the original snapshot and copies all of those files,
any later snapshots only copy files that are different and creates Hard
Links to the rest.  This means that you can look at/restore any snapshot and
it is a complete backup as of that time.  By using hard links, it saves a
lot of space and you can delete any old backups without disturbing any of
the other ones.

Thanks for the reminder, it's time for me to make another snapshot of my
system... :)