[PLUG] Want to build a Linux based PVR...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Feb 4 05:27:02 UTC 2010

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the market is like right now.
I'm looking for a PCI card or I suppose a USB based tuner will also
work.  Of course, I want a card that works with Linux.  I have a
Play Station II that I want to hook up to the computer.  I guess the
alternative is finding a Play Station II emulator.  Is there a local
business that understands Linux which can hook me up with the ideal
HDTV tuner card in the $20-$50 range?  It looks like I want to avoid
Geniatech.  I don't know about ATI tuner cards, my dad has thrown one
out because it didn't work.