[PLUG] VGA projector to lend?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 18:45:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:37:20 -0800
Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> dijo:

>Howdy.
>I'm making a big sign for my wife's work (Concentrates, Inc. which
>sells animal feeds and organic fertilizers down by SE 8th and Powell),
>and I suck at lettering.  Any chance anyone has a video projector I
>could borrow today to project a design on the sign and trace over it?
>
>Will trade animal feed, organic soil amendments or beer.  Will pick
>up/return in Portland Metro area.

I don't have a projector, but I have a question: How big is "big"? I
ask because my initial reaction is to just design the sign in something
like Scribus and then print it on something that will do large media.
For example, I know there are color plotters that will do at least 42
inches wide by 150 feet long, and perhaps larger widths are available.
I know they have a few in the computer labs at PSU and I've seen
students printing to them.

Free Geek also popped into mind. Perhaps they have a projector or
something else that will get the job done.