[PLUG] resolved - problems in wake of botched Lyx install

Randy Stapilus stapilus at ridenbaugh.com
Sat Feb 6 22:31:35 UTC 2010

Thanks much for the help. Problem's resolved.

I used apt-get purge to get rid of the Lyx install, and that worked
fine.
Didn't resolve entirely my other problem, which turned out to be a
matter of my own stupidity: On my dual boot, I had a limited amount
of space allocated for the Linux partition, had loaded a bunch of
music into it, and when the lyx install came in, that pushed it to
the limit. Killed out the music (which was duplicate from elsewhere,
so no loss) and it works fine again. My lesson out of this was, One
aspect of doing a dual boot: Pay attention to where your files are.

Randy Stapilus
stapilus at ridenbaugh.com
member, American Society of Journalists & Authors