[PLUG] Mail Forwarding

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:54:35 UTC 2010

wes wrote:

> Note that the concept as presented is for Rich to give his sister an email
> address on one of his existing domains, which will then be forwarded to her
> Comcast address for storage. This can be ported to wherever and follow her
> to new providers.

Then why did he ask the question "Do[es] she need an account on the
local server before I can forward mail to her?" if he's providing the
account?

Honestly, I'm with Bill. I can't imagine why anyone would switch to an
ISP specific account over one without that limitation. If Yahoo sucks,
then switch to Gmail and set it to fetch the yahoo mail. You get the
SPAM filtering, retain the portability, and spent less time doing it
than pondering this thread, let alone all the setup and future support
on Rich's end.

--
m0gely