[PLUG] OT: FiOS auxiliary power for BBU

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Tue Feb 16 18:11:22 UTC 2010

OT: FiOS BBU auxiliary power

We lost electrical power for four days in ours due to the recent snow
Using FiOS for phone means that when the Battery Backup Unit (BBU)
battery runs down (7-8 hours) there is no more phone.

We have the CPL28U12 BBU (that is an APC number as well - same unit)
which supposedly can accept an auxiliary power supply, but I am having
difficulty identifying one and the capabilities of same.

So far all Verizon has been able to say is they don't think the aux port
is active?

Anyone?
Thank you for any help you may be able to offer
Regards
Fred James