[PLUG] Erasing tapes

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Mon Feb 22 17:58:30 UTC 2010

I can't test this, but wouldn't wipe do the job? I would think something
along the lines of

wipe -Da /dev/st0

would work, although it could take a long time (35 passes by default,
use -q to do four passes). In the same time and with less mechanical
wear and tear you could sit a few rare earth magnets on the cartridge.