[PLUG] Client sending X windows to another through FW

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed Feb 24 12:24:50 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Josh" == Josh Orchard <josh at emediatedesigns.com> writes:

Josh> All, I have this new project I'm working on that requires me to
Josh> remotely access my linux clients from behind a firewall.  The
Josh> linux clients will be running an application at a certain time
Josh> and would be best if I could monitor and alter their
Josh> configuration remotely at any given time.  I remember there
Josh> being a way for me to send an x window remotely from within a
Josh> firewall to an outside world but thought to ask here if there is
Josh> any new forms of accomplishing my goals so here are the details.

[...]

Josh> If you have any ideas or suggestions that would make this
Josh> project easier or reasons why it will not work I'd appreciate
Josh> any feedback.  I'm going off to test some theories but perhaps
Josh> someone here will save me from having lots of headaches as I
Josh> develop a solution.

OpenVPN?

--
Russell Senior, President