[PLUG] GIMP: Won't Draw Lines

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 24 22:07:16 UTC 2010

   Some of you must know The GIMP well and I hope you have a quick answer for
me.

   I'm trying to draw lines on a layer. According to my copy of Akkana Peck's
GIMP book, to get a straight line, click at one point, move to the next
point and press the shift key, when satisfied with the second end point,
click the left button again.

   When I do this, I see the dotted line with the shift key held down, but no
line is drawn when I click the button the second time. Brush size is not
affecting the results.

   Has anyone insight into what I'm doing incorrectly with GIMP-2.4.7 here?

TIA,